I’m baaaaaaack! Have some links, my dear readers.
- Digital worlds are becoming vaster. A common refrain at this year’s E3 conference was “Yes, you can go there.” See that scenery in the distance? Yep, you can travel there. Christian Donlan of Eurogamer writes about the phenomenon and discusses the advantages and disadvantages of large-scale environments.
- This is a must-read. Kelly Doherty of AbsolutePunk dissects the sexism in the punk scene and laments the lack of female artists on this year’s Warped Tour lineup.
- In a thought-provoking piece for his Mindless Productivity blog, Nathan Biberdorf explains why our focus on beauty is bullshit, even when we expand our standards.
- Writing for Medium, Paul Ford pens a series of satirical classified ads for social media jobs.
- Fed up with ridiculous Buzzfeed and Zimbio quizzes like this one, Internet warrior Robert Townley decided to deconstruct a Game of Thrones quiz. Here are the hilarious results.
- GooBing Detroit uses Google Street View to document the urban decay in Detroit over time. Check it out.
- Joannes Truyens of Playthroughline writes a fairly accurate reinterpretation of Watch Dogs’ terrible script. (I didn’t much like Watch Dogs. You can read my review here.)
That’s all for now. See you next week.