It’s been a long week on the Internet. Kick back and relax with some linky goodness.
- Ashley Feinberg of Gizmodo reports on Pornhub’s analysis of visitors’ porn-viewing habits. There’s some fascinating some stuff in there, including the fact that large numbers of people are watching porn on their video game consoles. You can get to the original report through the Gizmodo link, but I won’t link to it directly, because I don’t want people to mistakenly label this a NSFW blog.
- There are a lot of misconceptions about the popular image board 4chan. Tumblr user Kazerad clears some of them up and examines how anonymity influences its culture.
- With the recent events in Ferguson, Missouri on his mind, Evan Narcisse pens a piece about how he deals with racism on Kotaku’s TMI blog.
- Illustrator Nate Swinehart has a cute comic strip about the advantages of dialogue.
- Finally, this is an oldie but a goodie. Writing for National Geographic’s Phenomena blog, Ed Yong explains why some birds have penises and others don’t.
Man, I’m really brushing up against NSFW territory this week. I’m living on the edge! It’s exciting.
Ciao for now.